I can survive a reasonable amount of time in a jet but there are many guys who are far better and more experienced pilots, any corrections are appreciated.
McQuade found this footage which is awesome, but looks like it was from pre 1.68 so has the old flight model and also is low quality that I cant see approach speed etc very easily.
This was my attempt at the NW af, not a great example but it gets the idea across. I was a bit high/fast/hard landing for my liking but I'm too lazy to do it again and pefkas bay is warming up on #1
For Neophron landing
- Get setup a good 3km from AF
- Deploy full flaps + gear
- Hold Z until you get speed to ~300km/h, you may need to use pitch up/down to bleed extra speed.
- Release Z and just glide at that speed, use minimal control inputs to maintain your approach.
- Aim for ~100m alt to begin with then slowly reduce altitude as you approach, I prefer to take a nice and flat approach path although any airfield campers will cause you problems. (Wipeout you can take a very aggressive landing approach - buzzard and neo are harder)
- As you get within 1km slow to 280km/hr (Using Z to slow, then releasing after)
- at 100-200m from AF hold Z again until you land, you will need to pitch up the nose up a ton to avoid smashing down too hard.
Has anyone been able to take off from the NW AF using the runway? I haven't been able to reliably do it.
This fella gives a reasonable explanation about it
A couple of things to note
- Jets do not have the laser deseg by default (except the CAS buzzard)
- You can use control+T to lock toggle locking the view to area, this way you can hold a lock on either a vehicle or area of the ground. Its far easier to use than explain
- To snipe the infantry like he does you probably need to have a joystick setup alongside kb+mouse. I personally have not found a comfortable way of doing this with kb+mouse bindings. I would appreciate any suggestions of how to do it?
This guy shows a good example of how you can use it in practice, along with the new CCIP indicator.
It would be cool to get a discussion going, share tips etc?