Fixed Wing Aircraft - Learning

General Discussion and help related to the main Arma 3 game title. All PVP Warfare threads should be directed to the Discussions, Suggestions, and Bugs forum.
Braindead
Community Member

Fixed Wing Aircraft - Learning

Post#1 » Tue 07 May, 2019 5:18 pm

Anyone know any good scenarios for practicing using jets effectively?
Or any good videos on Arma jet tactics?

I know my way around pretty much all helicopters pretty well but never really did much flying in jets.
Im a relative newbie to both for Air to Ground as well as Air to Air jet usage but lately felt like trying to broaden my horizons.

scratch
Community Member

Re: Fixed Wing Aircraft - Learning

Post#2 » Tue 07 May, 2019 8:20 pm

What kind of things you are interesting in?
Dodging, fighting or some basic stuff like how to use flaps?
the floor is lava!

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#3 » Wed 08 May, 2019 12:04 pm

Did you try the editor to gain experience?

Braindead
Community Member

Post#4 » Wed 08 May, 2019 4:32 pm

I've actually found something sort of what I was looking for by now. A friend brought it to my attention yesterday.

It's singleplayer scenarios that randomly spawn in various missions as well as AA and hostile jets. Still Arma AI so it's no real comparison to flying against players but it's good practice to get more comfortable with jets.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =251589760 for anyone thats interested. I knew of RobJs helicopter scenarios and had some fun with those in the past. Didn't know he's also since then made scenarios for various jets.
(Heli pilots: try out Pilot WY-55 Hellcat On Missions on the workshop by RobJ. Good fun and decent practice)

Still interrested in good videos regarding jets in Arma though. I probably know most of the basics already but it never hurts to check, and anything more advanced about what tacitcs work best is especially appretiated.

scratch
Community Member

Post#5 » Fri 10 May, 2019 1:28 am

Braindead wrote:Still interrested in good videos regarding jets in Arma though. I probably know most of the basics already but it never hurts to check, and anything more advanced about what tacitcs work best is especially appretiated.

There r some old videos from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQItE2iKwoE, not like they are good exactly , they r trash at most and contains weird music, but still will be lovely to check it out. air-to-air tricks r cut from them. In case someone will watch the black magic. So keep it secret
But there is still one best trick here - act unpredictably and no-one will beats u. For example if you want to catch up with the fastest jet - let him follow you ;P
PS And yeah there is a bomb camera attached on your jet. It is your radar.
Have fun ;P
the floor is lava!

scratch
Community Member

Post#6 » Mon 13 May, 2019 12:31 pm

Just remembered, you can check this guy

as for air 2 air fights.
PS and there was one "senpai" BF pilot, with a masterpiece dogfight tutorials.. i'll post a links to him here when i find where i bookmarked it
the floor is lava!